Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF

Thank God Its Friday - That's the common phrase i hear everywhere today. It seems to be a weekly occurence though.

Monday Blues -> is another common one that you hear of when everyone reports to work after a 2 days off.

Frankly, to me there is no difference. I still have to work, earn my daily wage, feed my family, live my life and day by day it is the same thing over and over again.

I wake up early today and went to work earlier. Reach work about 8.10am and saw the boss drove in.

I start work at 8.30 am but due to the amount of work that I have unfinished, I have to start early. My plan was squashed when my boss asked me of an email that he send to me the day before on some clients that regional wanted.

Seriously, I was not looking forward to doing it. It simply means setting aside the work that I am doing to start doing the thing that region wanted.

It is so irritating. Initially i did about a YTD revenue report for that 10 clients. I was later informed that it has to be for a year prior to that YTD which means a full FY for 0708 followed by 0809 YTD. I was certainly pissed.

However I grit my teeth and start doing it. I was informed too on how to get about the data on a requirement for another business unit, thank God I need not click on file per file in order to obtain it.

So there i was sitting on my chair staring at the screen with Adeline giggling beside me. I have tasked her to email workorders which she has been faithfully doing - I like that girl, so cheerful. so positive.

I think without her around i would be insane or lost my temper easily.

At about afternoon, someone came over to me and told me not to spend too much time on it. Yeah right, i am about halfway done and waiting for another portion of it to include in my calculations and you can tell me not to waste too much time? Who is kidding who? I am not supposed to do it as it was not addressed to me in the first place.

As someone mentioned to me the term is SFD - Shit Flows Down.

Looks like it is going to be a monthly thing and obviously we all knows who will have the privilege of doing it.

Yours Truly of course.
And yes, you guess it, the work pile that was left to be completed by Friday, remains untouched by end of Friday.

really..sometimes these things upset me greatly. so much that i abandon my plan of staying on till 7 pm. I need space. i left.

Reach home, showered and went Vivo for dinner.

Walk around, check things out - got 2 pillows and 2 tatami cushions.

I guess that counts for relaxation. The weekend is here - plans to go Muji at Marina and probably visit Avril's grandma.

If all goes well, I should be freshened up by Monday (no blues i hope) and tired out by next Friday.

Till then - Enjoy your weekend guys...

No comments: