Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pillars of Islam - a continuation

Continuing from my last post on Islam, I would like to explain further on our Pillars.

The first - reciting the Shahada
My first encounter with the Shahada when mom taught me this when I was 7 years old. As a muslim, we must acknowledge that Allah is the only God that we worship and that Muhammad is His Messenger.

It is also being said in our prayers and for those who are on the verge of death are encouraged to recite this before their very last breath.

A non-muslim who intends to be a Muslim, will recite this verse and he must recite it with full understanding and sincerity will then be acknowledge as Muslims.

It is a simple verse yet it means so much.

Till then, I will continue with the next pillar tomorrow.

Thank you.

Edz

No comments: