Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Busy Busy~!

Time flies really fast. When I decide to re-write this blog, it was the first week of October and now it is already end of October.

Festivity mood is over and I look forward to the next holidays - Hajj and Christmas.

I did not really spend much time over the weekend with family as I was out visiting friends and relatives.

Once that was done and over with, I spend my Monday - Deepavali Hols ironing clothes and playing game.

I am currently engrossed with SIMS. I played it almost every evening now.

I really do not like the last week of the month as I have to work late and starts to rush out all last minute preparation before I can actually start doing what I am supposed to do (yes in finance / accounting - this is the way it is)

Oh - i have to work over the weekends for this week and I got a wedding reception to attend as well...sigh~ i wonder how i can manage that - it will work out eventually.

Since we are at the subject of work, recently something happen (there seems to be something that happen almost every other week)

I noticed that there were many areas that I am covering and I just do not have the time to cover all of it or if i do, I believe I am not doing it to the best of my ability.

I hate to leave unfinished tasks hanging over my head because it will haunt me again later.

Truly I am right.
A year ago, there is this client who proposed to my company to follow a certain process.
At that point of time, I was not really keen considering the volume and the follow up action that I have to do.

True enough a year later what I have thought before came true. Of course a year ago, i highlighted it to my in charge but I have to admit that there is a certain advantage to what we will implement for this client BUT there was a set back as well.

True enough the setback came to haunt me especially. Guess who is tasked to clear the mess? Yours Truly.

Frankly, I do not understand why some people just do not have the foresight to think far ahead. Given that our company is way far back in terms of technology where everything is still done almost manually. (yes it is manual if a staff still have to think thru and check if there is any glitches the computer might actually do)

I am not saying I am smart but I just happen to understand how the people around me works and behave. They are very predictable.

As much as i try to cover my ass, it do get burn sometime and I am getting burned at all sorts of places nowadays. Some do try to act smart and behave they know everything. Since we are all told to be independent, I might want to suggest to all of them to start looking through for things on their own in the office. Well the files are there, the system is there and the shared drive is available to anyone to access - what you waiting for? Go bend on your knees and start looking. Dont expect me to spoon feed you every month.

I don't think I am having a good relationship with anyone in the office. I may look happy but I am not really happy. I control my temper with the medication that I am taking otherwise - i would have lash out at anyone or worst - everyone.

I do feel like wanting to give up anytime now but I always tell myself to keep on going considering the dark clouds are gathering now. The future is uncertain. But however, one thing is certain. That I do want to go back to school.

No comments: