Monday, January 19, 2009

Who is feeding who?

Everywhere i go to i have always heard the same thing over and over again...

"times are hard"

"jobs are hard to come by"

"company squeezing us dry"

I admit that I do have my fair share of complaints. It is normal.

I spend more than half of my money on my family, my bills, my food and transportation and other necessary expenses and i saved so little a month.

Recently, I went to the IRAS website and they have this calculator for us to calculate our taxes. Even with some reliefs that I am entitled to, i still have to pay a few hundred dollars based on my income last year. I do hope that there would be something good coming out from the budget 09/10.

My dad did not get any bonus last year and I learnt that his pay will be cut too from April 09.

It is really really demoralising but we are thankful that he still has a job.

I am thankful that I am still employed.

Over to today's news, there was this news on a civil servant who went for cooking classes in Paris - paid about $40K for it. (that is not even my pay for a year!)

Can you guys believed that this? He was sharing it with the newspaper!

Insensitive.

True it may come from his own hard earned money

True it may be his private time

True it is his own personal choice

BUT

Question: Where did the civil service gets their money from?

I don't know and I am not answering so i guess i better shut up. just work my ass off everyday to earn enough, to feed everyone at home and make sure all is well at the end of the day.

I recall an ex colleague who loves to say this every morning:

"Another day, Another Dollar"

No comments: