Sunday, January 18, 2009

A repeat? I hope not!

Mom shared with me that brother had some similar encounters to what I went through during my national service.

Apparently, my brother is being disturbed by those camp guys - name calling/cat calls etc.

I had a similar experience 7 years ago (I was in NS from Dec 01 -Dec 03)

It can be quite sad especially when you are very close with your family. I remember calling and crying over the phone with mommy. At that point of time, being away from the family, you will realised and treasure the time when you can actually get out from the camp.

However, I definitely feel my brother is luckier. Apparently, his sergeants do keep a look out for him. Unlike me, i actually had to bear with it for a few months.

It was only when i started to achieve something like:

1. Gold IPPT (2.4km at 9.4 or 9.5 among the top 10)
2. SOC (AT 9 minutes flat among the top 10 of the entire company)

that I earned the respect among my fellow buddies. Truly, the experience can either break you or improved you.

It depends on how you wanna look at it. There were so many stories going round and It was simply heartbreaking.

I chose not to say anything much nor reply to anyone.

Sissy/dragos/pondans/bapoks - I heard them all.

To me the ones who are calling me are those who actually the real bapoks. You wanna know why?

Can you believe a guy who is at 1.78m tall wake me up in the middle of the night to accompany him to go to the toilet? (after that he threaten me to shut up and never blurt out the fact that he wake me up!)

Whereas for myself - even though very much afraid, will NEVER and NEVER DID wake up any one of them because for fearing of getting labelled? (Well i was labelled anyway - whether i like it or not)

However, I have proved myself and went thru it and get it over and done with. It is something that ALL MALES in SG must go thru, so therefore, accept the fact.

Just believe that NO ONE, has got the right, to do anything to you. Only you can prove it to them :)

Believe me, it is worth it !

No comments: