Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chicken Stew

I have always wanted to cook chicken stew but for some reasons always put it off.

However this morning, I managed to cook it for the first time in my life.

What makes me want to cook?

Reasons are simple:

1. I am certain in future, i have to start cooking my own meals.
2. My sister do not know how to cook
3. My mom is getting old
4. I have to start somewhere

Last week, i made ondeh ondeh keledek. For non-malays, keledek is Sweet Potato and it comes in either white or orange in colour. I chose the orange colour so that I need not make it green.

Ondeh Ondeh is a those little green balls with gula melaka in it and grated coconut around it.

I learn to made this about 2-3 years ago and I find that my skill had dropped. Why I said so, is instead of using Glutinous rice flour, i used rice flour instead! The Taste was sooooooooooooo different and I was soooo disappointed!

Nevertheless i tell myself to try harder next time and that makes me want to try to cook chicken stew.

So i surf online to look for the SIMPLEST chicken stew. There are many variations of course and I guess I have to start somewhere :)

I went to Cold Storage on Saturday evening to get the ingredients. I wanted to do a chicken broth and when i mentioned this to a friend, he said that it would take me hours and suggested for me to look for those "pre-made" chicken broth. We found at Isetan Supermarket earlier in the day but it has no Halal logo.

Found one at Cold Storage by Heinz. I am so glad!

Turns out the stew was too soupy. But those who tasted it says it is not too bad.

:)

In my opinion? it is edible ! hahaaaaaa...

I am sorry i got no pictures of it and I didnt really wanna share it here :) haha...

Pray that I can cook a better looking chicken stew, next time.

No comments: