Sunday, November 09, 2008

Outing with Mom....

It was definitely a mommy's boy outing.

The moment i reach home at about 3 pm, i put down my bag and went in to mom's room. Found her ready to go.

First stop - Ikea Tampines. Even though the place has been opened for about 2 years (i think) mom has never go there before. Hence I thought, it would be a good thing to walk about with and listen to her problems she faced etc. Stress Relief and Relaxing moments for her if you wish to think it that way.

We spend about 2hours there. As we walked and looked, we talked about the things that Dad wishes to buy.

A TV console. We look at all types of TV consoles that is available. We found one that interest us. It is not that expensive, about $698 only and it is a NEW product!

We didn't buy any major items because we believe in discussing with Dad first before buying.

However that didn't stop us from buying other items such as:

1. A Table Runner
2. Two Rugs
3. A Napkin Holder
4. Napkins

Next stop - Courts which is just next door. Dad also intend to get a new TV. Ours is the old one and it has been 10 years. Still good but we wish to update ourselves.

Dad is eyeing the LG or Samsung about 37 ". However yesterday, I was tempted to swipe my credit card for the Sharp 42" which was going for $1499! It was ridiculously cheap. I knew Dad would not mind but I tell myself to think carefully.

He would pay me back of course but for an item going more than 50% off the actual price stirred my curiosity. To top it of, there were only 2 units left and it is inclusive the one on display. I frankly believed it could be a rejected item or belonging to hire purchase clients who could not keep up with paymetns.

It was really a temptation. Mom was tempted too! (I suspect she had bring her ATM card along as well)

In the end I convince her to keep it off our head because:

1. The price is too low
2. There are only 2 units left
3. We do not know if they are rejected or hire purchased before
4. Will it be well guaranteed? (This was not openly informed on the TV unlike the rest of the TV that is on display)
I rather pay for something more valuable and get more benefits out of it.
Christmas decoration are also up and it feels good to walk about knowing that we are having 2 more holidays in December - That is Hajj and Christmas.

After walking around, we had coffee and tuna and cheesecake for tea.

After Courts, we took the free bus service to Tampines Mall. It has been a good 10 years I think since Mom last saw Tampines Mall. She do go Tampines if need be but she never been to Tampines Mall since the last time we came - i think when I was in Primary school...Wait a minute..12 years old and I am 27 now, that makes it 15 YEARS!!!

We went to Swarovski, the boutique that Jesz and I bought her the brooch for her birthday.
We look around but i dont find anything interesting. She liked one of the brooch though. It was a squarish looking but full of colours. After a while, I agree with her that it did look nice and unique.

After the short trip at Tampines Mall, we then proceed to the MRT Station to go to Changi Airport for dinner.

I promised to bring her to the Halal Chinese Restaurant and so we did!

It is at Terminal 2. Nice food. You guys should go there sometime. TSC by Tong Shui Cafe.

The day ended with me buying chocolates from Cocoa Trees and soon we sped home in a cab with our family waiting for us.

Frankly, I enjoyed it very much...

No comments: