Saturday, May 18, 2013

Results

Among my friends and followers on Facebook, you would probably remember one of my photos that I took - a cup of warm water with a stick of cinnamon in it.

I mention that it was for my back pain remember?

Even though I m a firm believer of traditional medicine, thorough check up is important so there are no underlying issues besides the pain that we are currently having.

And so, I went for my first clinical consultation for my back in early April, an MRI was scheduled on the 29th April.

MRI - Magnetic Resonance Imaging

It was my first time going through it.
It was small quite enclose. Initially, I feel ok and then I feel warm and then I feel suffocated.
However I dare not move as it will affect the quality of the image. So stay still and do it once.

Once done I was allowed to go home and told to come back on the 14th May 2013.

Results
After waiting for more than an hour to see the doctor, he finally confirm that I have slip disc.
Good news, it's a small slip but bad news, it's too near the spinal cord.

Meaning - operation is a risk, condition is for life, medication is for relief, physio is an option and strenuous activity is not encouraged.

He gave me  an option -  physio or medication.

I opt for medication for a 3 months period and a review is set for the next course of action.

In meantime I am doing the following:

1. To lose weight
2. To gain body strength and leg strength to support my back.

Thank you to company's medical insurance and also my own if I can't claim from company:

1. First consultation - Senior Consultant - $78.00 paid $7.80 only (10%)
2. MRI - $799.00 (exclude GST) full upfront payment to be claim later together with medical report.
3. Results consultation - clinical doctor - $48.00 paid $4.80
4. Medical Report - $80.00 to be claim later

I hope I can claim everything by end May as the report would take about 3 weeks.

I pray that all will turn out well - Insya Allah.

No comments: