Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Hikmah - Wisdom

Bismillahirrahmannirrahim,

Since this afternoon, I was cracking my head on what to write. I don't want to write on meaningless topic like I used to - daily routine or who I was frustrated with etc.

I want to write something that may inspire or give a bit of thought to the reader. At about 1030, saw a friend online and chat and the above mentioned word - "HIKMAH" was her response to my current situation.

I left my job at CB due to certain issues I face. To make it clear, I have no issues with my colleagues and direct reporting manager. So last Friday 5th June, after a 2 months stint, I left.

As compared to the first one, I did not panic neither I feel sad. I don't know why as I feel that i was destined to quit and to fulfill or complete a certain tasks this week. With me employed, it is almost impossible to do it - getting a NPL will definitely raise eyebrows.

True enough, the moment I spend my weekend alone, I was bombarded by 2 matters:

1. Grandma & Aunt Moving In 

I thought it was just going to be a simple moving in. However, I was highlighted to some administrative matters.

i. changing of address
we all know that we have to go down to ICA or NPP to notify them on the change of address. However, to bring my 85 year old beloved isn't just the way to do it. The carpark to NPP is too far and I don't want to strain myself carrying / pushing the wheelchair.

Mak, offered to come along to which I gave an incredulous stare and ask her, with your current eyesight, I have to manage 3 person movements. I rather have 2 - grandma and aunty.

I dwell about this for a few days. I was contemplating to hire one of those uber drivers, pay him his rates and be my dedicated driver and PA until i texted someone who used to be in the police force.

He advise me to just get a utilities bill or any bill related to my grandma's name with the moving in address. That's impossible. Grandma don't have bills for the past few decades now.

Then it occur to me I should be calling the police station and ask for advise.

So i made the call and find out that I need to do 3 simple things to which grandma or aunt do not need to appear to police station JUST to change their address:

1. Go online to ICA website and fill up an online form - Pre Notification for change of address.
2. ICA will mail that letter to you
3. With that letter, I can then go to NPP to do the necessary updates.

So 1 done, now wait for 2 and then i can complete 3.

ii. Maid Levy
With the recent changes to maid levy, I recall that the FDW levy was reduced further from $120 to $60. I didn't thought much about it until I met my uncle and we had a meeting. I was advise by his wife to get the new rates. However, this can only be done once I have update the change of address.

I have printed the documents and once the change of address is completed, will address this portion as well.

2. Fund raising 

Recently, a good friend of mine came into a very very bad situation. She told me about it in bits and pieces however, I can already figure the impact of the whole situation.

I took time to mull over the options and the easiest way is fund raising.

I announced a fund raising on Monday through my facebook and today I have managed to secure the following:

i.   A vehicle / lorry to transport all her items from existing place to new place - at no cost.
ii.  Raised SGD 400 to meet her current needs
iii. Got SGD 150 NTUC Vouchers
iv.  Commitment from 4 donors to buy groceries

I am truly thankful to my friends in Facebook who bothered to ask and check and donate. Most importantly those who donated are strangers to her.

Do not worry, the money will be put in to a good cause.

I will continue to keep update and account for it.

This is where my friend's comment came about. On Monday, she gave me a ring and asked if I am available for an interview to which I agreed with. It was an urgent position and they need to get it filled sometime next week. The interview went well and based on my assessment, it is good except that the only tipping point was the package.

In summary, I conclude that, all these events - from the day i resign was to assist in managing affairs at home, things that is happening within family and friends who matter.

I am really thankful and that was the word she use in her phrase to me earlier...  "probably there is Hikmah as to why all this happen"

Yes, I take it as a Hikmah for me and most importantly I enjoyed doing it. And that's what matters most.

Alhamdulillah :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.