Sunday, May 24, 2015

Nindaku - Hajjah Mariam

Bismillahirrahmannirrahim

*Ninda - the royal equivalent of Nenek (Grandmother)*



An Nisa' Verse 36
Worship Allah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good, and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbor, the neighbor farther away, the companion at your side, the traveler, and those whom your right hands possess. Indeed, Allah does not like those who are self-deluding and boastful.

Al An'Am Verse 151
Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

Al Isra' Verse 23 - 24
And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], "uff," and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.

And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say, "My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small."

Al Ankabut Verse 8
And We have enjoined upon man goodness to parents. But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them. To Me is your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.

Luqman Verse 14 - 15
And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.

But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in [this] world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to Me [in repentance]. Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.

Al Ahqaf Verse 15-16
And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims."

Those are the ones from whom We will accept the best of what they did and overlook their misdeeds, [their being] among the companions of Paradise. [That is] the promise of truth which they had been promised.

______________________________________________________________________

Read the verses above? See those red words?
That's how much Allah SWT loves us. He gave us parents who care for us - who EARNED rewards for caring for us and in turn He freely REWARDS us when we have to care our parents.

In my FB posting today, I mentioned that in June 2015, providence will be on their way to us. Allah SWT had answered my prayers.


After 7 years, my grandmother, Hajjah Mariam & aunt,  will be staying with us.
We last care for them in 2007/2008 period. My uncle, approached my parents about a few months back to initiate the discussion. However as they will be using my room, my mom suggested to my uncle to ask me directly. Of course I said yes. How can I say no?

Alhamdulillah, the whole family agree and excited to receive them. The idea was to get them in by end of May 2015. However, parents have a wedding to attend in Melaka in June and Mak is not comfortable with the idea of leaving them alone with the maid and us. She personally wants to oversee the caring of both Ninda & aunty.

There is so much to prepare. I have to start packing my clothes and place them in my brother's room and keep my wardrobe and some drawers free for them.

We have to start ensuring the house is spick and span and non slippery. The maid has been given instructions on the additional duties that she will have to do, however, her sleeping schedule remains the same. We have to enlist the help of my aunt if Ninda has to wake up at night to go toilet. I will also be spending more time here to ensure Ninda is well and fine.

It is going to be a busy raya as well. The last time when we had Ninda, our raya expenditure was about double. We have to host many extended families and that particular  year, I remember my parents were unable to visit others as they were busy receiving guests.

Ninda is 85 years old this year. A bit forgetful but still sweet in nature. Always thinking of a lot of things, talking about the past often and repeatedly that we all can only nod in polite acceptance.

Patience is the KEY in handling the elderly.

The ultimate reward however, is limitless.

I look forward to caring for Ninda again.

Inshaa Allah.

Edz





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.