Sunday, September 05, 2010

Ramadan 25

We will always remember Ramadan 25th. This is the date that my Pak Long pass away. 

He has been in the decline for a few years and yesterday he breath his last.

Pak Long is dad's eldest brother. That means my bond to him is stronger than my bond to my first uncle from mother's side. However the relationship has always been average.

As i mentioned before, i have never been close to dad's side but that doesnt mean i m not on talking terms lah. Pak Long has always been the quiet unassuming stern person (that's how i perceive it) therefore, he seems to be unapproachable to me :P 

and seeing how his strict he is with his sons and daughter, that did scare me off - tales of him whacking his sons (relate to me when we were still children :P ) 

However, Pak Long is still a blood relative and i paid him the respect that he definitely deserve.

As soon as I arrived, i went to the bed where his body lay shrouded in the typical batik cloth. I requested my youngest uncle to remove the cover so i can see his face. 

I was composed on seeing that. As Dad came earlier hence he was busy making funerals arrangements. 

I sat on his left and began reciting Surah Al-Fateha followed by Yasin. I left the bed to allow others to do the same and i went to the hall and continue with Al Rahman and Furqan. 

Mother and my siblings continue with Yasin in the room and remain then till the body was prepared for burial. 

As one of the "blood ties" it is obligatory for the final goodbye. 

I spread out the pacai around him & kiss his forehead. I signalled to my siblings to do the same. The ladies decide not to do it but my bro went forward with it. 

After that, i went home to put back my Quran (i brought it along) and went to An-Nur to do the Zuhur and Jenazah prayer. 

Pak Long was safely buried ard 2-ish and he abides there till God give life back to us on judgement day.

I hate attending the last part of funeral when the Ustaz goes on and on about life in the grave - they called it the TalQin.

However, it is good for us to be reminded of what goes on after death so that we can truly prepare for it.

Al-Fateha to Pak Long.


PS: i did tahlil for him with my mom & 2 sisters! 


No comments: