Saturday, March 14, 2009

Busy Busy

Once again I apologise. It has been a busy busy schedule for me.

Right after the last post, i lost all moods to write. I mean i really tried but I look back to what I have been accused of and start to improve the way i work (well just in case my boss is right and i do have to get my ass covered!)

However a short discussion with colleagues from various department, i find that they share the same opinion - that I am very sensitive and they are aware it stems from the fact that I do my job and i dont like to be accused of not doing it.

And so, i know i am right!

Well what i have been doing? Alhamdulillah, still busy at work and when you are busy, it is good for you.
As a cousin from dad's side got married last week, i been busy too. Went around thinking what to buy and end up ordering some cakes from Prima Deli for the Saturday night as gifts to the family and prepare Ang Bao for the groom. haha..

Wedding itself is as per all malay weddings you see anywhere on the streets.

Some do ask why we do it under HDB void deck or the multi purpose hall.

We are a community that is very close and we do have a lot of contacts with each another.

Our wedding invitation can be as high as 1000 persons or more and NOT everyone can come at the same time. Therefore it is more sensible to do it at HDB and prepare for it.

Some of my chinese friends says it is cheap - of course you compare to your chinese wedding it is cheap but let's hear this:

1. Malay have 2 separate receptions and each reception cost at least minimum per head is $10.00 so if 2 receptions (bride and groom) and for at least a thousand guest for each, that would be $10000 each!

2. The dowry or mas kahwin they call it is about $100 i think(not sure the rate now) but the hantaran or bridal gifts is a minimum $7K now without the other gifts. $7k in cash

3. The photo taking, changing of clothes etc, the mak andam services, can cost close to $4k to $10K depending on what services the bride wants.

Hence if you ask me, it all depends on individual. However as society becomes more educated and more religious, some are doing the basics and there would be no pelamin etc as it is considered haram.

Aside from that, I would like to share with you a couple (they are my dad's cousin from Malaysia) who came over to our house and stay.

Lovely couple and very nice and friendly. I bought gifts for them to bring home to Malaysia. I find that they have this aura of serenity about them. Something about the way they practise their Muslim faith.

Whatever it is, they are really nice. I miss having them around, even though it was such a short stay. However the surprise was, their son is a model and his last casting for a Hari Raya 2008 petronas advert together with Maria Arshad! Now i know who that guy is, can consider a 2nd generation cousin.

Aunty said she will introduce her sons to us when they come again here or when we are there.

I am looking forward to it!

No comments: