Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tahajjud

Assalamualaikum & Good Morning,

Alhamdulillah, it's Wednesday already - 20th June 2012. I had my IPT yesterday and I am still feeling tired but so far still good and Insya Allah for the rest of the day too and as usual, when you have dirty sweaty laundry, you don't keep them till the weekend to wash them, hence i slept like almost midnight as I decided to wash it together with whatever clothes that has been accumulated since Sunday. My laundry days are Saturday mornings.

Tahajjud is a voluntary night prayer, which was done by our beloved Prophet Muhammad pbuh. It has been related that it should be done about 3 or 4 am in the morning till Subuh.

The verses from Al Quran supporting this will be:

a. Al Isra Verse 79
(in malay)
Dan bangunlah pada sebahagian dari waktu malam serta kerjakanlah "sembahyang tahajjud" padanya, sebagai sembahyang tambahan bagimu semoga Tuhanmu membangkit dan menempatkanmu - pada hari akhirat - ditempat yang terpuji.
(in english)
And pray in the small watches of the morning: (it would be) an additional prayer (or spiritual profit) for thee: soon will thy Lord raise thee to a Station of Praise and Glory!

b. Al Furqan Verse 64
(in malay)
Dan mereka (yang diredhai Allah itu ialah) yang tekun mengerjakan ibadat kepada Tuhan mereka pada malam hari dengan sujud dan berdiri,
(in english)
And who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing

There are many information on how to pray Tahajjud but I started off with 2 rakaat and lots of zikr and doa.

I have been having trouble sleeping for the past year or so and i notice that regardless what time i slept, i will wake up by 3.30am or 4 am in the morning.

Of course I am worried. What medical condition that i have that i cant fulfil my sleep?

Soon after, i was reading the Quran and came across the verses above and i started to read more information on it.

But last night was an experience totally.

I was so tired that I felt like sleeping and i know that since i am so tired, chances is i will miss subuh.
Hence, since i have yet to do Isyak I told to myself, wake up at 4 and pray - Isyak and Tahajjud and Subuh.

My eyes was wide open at 4 and quickly got up,wash up and prepare myself.

It is never about the quantity but about the quality and the consistency in doing it. Start slow and when you are confident do more and more.

There are benefits to performing Tahajjud though i would not want you to do Tahajjud to gain benefits. One should look at it as a completion of a daily routine or at least a sunnah that is being followed.

My intent was to start learning as I am reaching 31. I do not wish to wait till i am 40 to start doing all these extras - whereby your body may not be as strong as when you are younger.

In my own personal experience since i performed Tahajjud, i note that i am more patience in my dealings with my fellow colleagues / clients / relations. I realized that I cry more often alone - being afraid that my place can never be within those who are within His Favour.

I shared with my mother who encourage me to continuously learn and do it without any expectations.

Alhamdulillah, you can never guess His Favour upon you.

Last week, i managed to close 4 deals and those who are aware that I am doing sales now will know that closing deals = commission.

Subhanallah.

You have no idea how happy I was. Happy as in not proud happy but happy with tears glistening in my eyes each time i think about it.

I have no prior experience in sales and i am doing all i can, learn as much as i can to achieve my priority - which is to ensure that I can eventually take over my dad's responsibility so that he can slowly get away from the responsibility and start committing himself to Allah SWT.

It frees my heart from thinking about things i should not be thinking. I have no longer any desires except to make people happy.

And Insya Allah, i hope it may be continuously so.


No comments: