Monday, July 16, 2012

Preparation for Ramadan

Assalamualaikum to all readers,

Alhamdulillah, we are reaching towards the end of Syaaban and Ramadan will arrive again. Every year without fail, i will be busy preparing for it - physically - which is to clean the house, buy clothes etc.

Each year without FAIL except last year as i had two things that impedes me from preparing for Ramadan.

They are:
a. my sister's wedding preps
b. my late uncle sickness

I dont view myself as someone who is very religious or follow every thing to the letter. However, as I begin to age and with the death of my beloved uncle, things takes a new turn.

I view life differently as a new chapter unfolds before me. I take my time to decide on things and i shelved off non important things

Today i spend my morning and afternoon visiting graves and i visited my late uncle's grave too. 

Feeling sad and i guess we all have no other choice however BUT to move on. 

and moving on to a better state. To a better objective.

I have immersed myself in spending more time in work - since i joined a new department last year. Alhamdulillah, I will see the fruits of my labour this July 2012 and many more people will benefit from it - Insya Allah. 

The other part that i decide to follow is to decline all iftar invitation and i have decided to focus solely on fasting and nightly prayers.

I hope Allah SWT will give me the strength to see through it and follow it till end of Ramadan. I do not want to miss any good rewards that He gave us during this month - Insya Allah. 

Wish all of you the best for Ramadan and hope you will take this opportunity to focus on life's objective and redeem ourselves for the sake of Allah SWT. Amin :) 

No comments: