Saturday, May 26, 2012

Al-Fateha: Ayop Bin Suri

About a month after my sister's wedding, our family and immediate relatives from the maternal side spend our day in grief.

We grieve for the passing of our beloved uncle - Ayop Bin Suri - 3rd November 2011 / 7 Zulhijjah 1432H.

I was very closed to him. People used to think that we are siblings till i told them that he is my uncle.

He died of cancer.

He passed away on Thursday night and buried on Friday after the Friday prayers.

My dad and i and that another uncle whom i don't like helped the undertakers to clean him before the final goodbyes.

The undertaker, for the final rites, he said this which brought joy to my heart, to my mother's heart,"Ketahuilah kamu semua, Allah telah berjanji tiap tiap muslimin yang meninggal pada hari khamis malam jumaat - syurga adalah untuknya!" Amin Amin Amin!

The ex-Mufti of Singapore lead the Jenazah Prayers when we stop over for Friday prayers at the cemetery. You can imagine our pride.

I love you Uncle. You are irreplaceable and only memories shall live with us.... Al-Fateha..


When he was a young boy with my grandma


When he was sent to KTPH about 2-3 months before he passed on

When he was in the hospice at Novena - the last 1 month. 
Final Resting Place

Al-Fateha

May Allah Bless your soul. Amin. 

No comments: