Monday, April 08, 2013

The Past

It's amazing that I am writing / typing this from bus service 168 which I board from Tampines.
I was from an appointment earlier at ALPS and then went to White Sands.

While I was on my way to ALPS, I received a text message from someone who use to have the hots  for me. we were both young - I was 23, K was 19. Ask me out for coffee. I waited at Old Town White Coffee for K.

I never really give into my feelings for K and K is aware of that. Fast forward today, K looks so much better than the skinny person I know.

My heart skipped a beat when K greeted me. I was instantly reminded of the past. Those mushy declarations from K.

Definitely promises of a young adolescent not to be taken seriously. Somehow I felt funny when I left K at Pasir Ris MRT.

I somehow feel that K is laughing at me. The expanded me.

At 23 with a waist of 25", sharp features, I was a head turner. Now with bigger thighs and rounder face, proof of a changing lifestyle, the strings of suitors suddenly shrink and there's no one Q-ing anymore.

It's a sad truth but life goes on.

Emotionally I feel sad but hey, I'm happy.

I will get over this - eventually.

Love

Edz


No comments: